Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome to the Class Blog!

Hi there! I use this blog as a primary communication tool with parents and families of my students. Here you will find upcoming events, links to resources, weekly newsletters, photos, student entries, and homework. Please feel free to post comments/questions to any entries that I make. Third grade is such a fantastic year of growth and discovery. I look forward to getting to know you and your children this year!

A little about me:

This is my fourth year teaching a third grade class; in addition to my experience here at SIA, I taught at Sunnyside Environmental School during my graduate internship in 2010-11, and prior to that I was an arts instructor at Art from the Heart, a program for adults with developmental disabilities in Northeast Portland.

I live in Southeast Portland with my fiancé Keira, and daughter Kayla, who is entering 8th grade at Sunnyside this fall. We have one rather wily cat named Angelo, and a blue beta fish named Bates. I absolutely love being outdoors - I can't get enough of hiking, biking, camping, and backpacking! I also love music; I am a drummer and percussionist of many years, and love old jazz and soul recordings. We had an awesome summer filled with swimming, hiking, camping, reading, and more. I hope you all had a wonderful summer as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment